Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Slogger: Uplifting news!

So I have been a bit of a slacker at this blogging thing. During my productive hours I get really excited about my blog posting intentions for later that night THEN...After I get home from work, all I wanna do is cuddle with my hunny and watch ridiculous tv until I lose a few brain cells. ( Girl needs to pick up a book ). Long story short, I hope to start doing a better job at it, but for now I will answer to Slagger. Slacking+Blogger=Slogger. 

Moving on. 

I am a huge fan of "The Small Things Blog". Kate is refreshing. To read someones blog who is a Christian and is open about her values and their role in her everyday life, is just really encouraging and just nice to read. And her hair/accessory tutorials are a huge plus. They are my go to. I am not even sure how I stumbled upon this lovely lady's vids, but thanks to her my hair is bouncin and behavin... as my momma always says. 
On her blog she tells you what products she uses so of course I had to get my hands on them. Last night I went to a salon searching for the Aquage uplifting foam that she swears by. Apparently I was 5 minutes short of fighting another lady for it. 
Bummer. 
So when all else fails... or in any situation... head to TARGET!  I waltz right in there telling my self I am not going to spend $50 dollars like I do subconsciously every time I go in there. ( Don't act like you don't have the same problem! ) Right before I take the cheap route with Pantene's volumizing mousse for $3.99, I see this new brand ( probably not new, I've just never noticed it. ) called Fekkai. It was quite a bit more money, but not crazy expensive so I walked around for a little bit thinking about it to make sure I wasn't going to have a case of buyers remorse later. 
---This is the part where you don't tell your friends who work at Target what I did.... ---
I did a little test to see if I was really going to like this type of root lifter. Here is what I did:
Because I have very thin hair, anything to heavy, weighs my hair down and makes it "greasy looking" even when its perfectly clean. I needed something lightweight ( preferably in a foam form ). Fekkai was a foam base and Pantene was a mousse. Keyword: Foam.
So then -- this is the part you keep secret-- I opened the Fekkai product and put it on the top of my hand to test how it felt on my skin after it was dried. ( yes, I was paraniod of confrontation the whole time, but the rebel that I am did it anyways. ) Most of the product I use makes my hands really sticky after wards because it is so heavy and thick, and they are very similar to the pantene product so I knew even though I would be saving money... may not have been the best product for me. So I let the Fekkai foam dry and it was surprisingly smooth with the slightest bit of tack. It justified my pruchase for sure. I brought it home, used it, and loved it.

I think I will still try the Aquage uplifting foam when this one runs out, but I always know I have a TARGET alternative! 

Check out Kate's hair tutorials HERE. They are the bomb. Check out her blog too while you're there. And her Etsy shop. And... I think thats it. 

So long Friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment