Sunday, January 29, 2012

Earring Holder DIY

Gotta LOVE a DIY. One that is simple and really inexpensive is something I just can't ignore! I got this DIY inspiration from More Design Please, put my own twist on it, and broke it down so I could share it with you!

Here is what I was workin with:

(( a shot of everything together ))



-- elastic lace ribbon --

-- stapler --

-- an old wooden picture frame --

STEP 1:  Take the frame of your choice and remove the backing and glass front, 
leaving just the empty frame.

STEP 2:  Cut a piece of the lace to the width of the frame, and staple it on both ends of the lace into the sides of the frame. 

STEP 3:  Repeat step 2 until you reach the bottom of the frame. Leave about a 1"gap in between each piece to allow the earrings to dangle without overlapping each other. 

(( End product back side.... Hey Iphone, nice to see ya. ))

FINISHED PRODUCT!
She's a beauty isn't she?! I chose a smaller frame for my small collection of dangly earrings. I love the rustic look it creates and how it puts my earrings on display instead of them being uncomfortably close in a random drawer. 

Frame: Ivory, $.99 (( Goodwill ))
Stapler: Desk Stapler that I already had (( An industrial stapler would probably work better, but I did not have one on hand.
Elastic Lace Ribbon: The roll was $2.99 at Hobby Lobby, and I used 3' of it for this project.

Total Project expense: $4.00!!!

I love super easy successful projects!!

2 comments:

  1. TOTALLY doing this this weekend! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! It was so easy and took like 5 minutes! Oh and did I mention it was super cheap?!
    Let me know how you did yours!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete