Thursday, January 19, 2012

Awkward & Awesome

Awkward and awesome thursday is a must read on one of my favorite blogs "The Daybook". Sydney has impeccable style so brace yourself. 
Today I am going to state my awkward and awesome moments this week… not just because it is thursday, but because I have experienced some especially awkward moments the past few days. 
Here it goes:

Awkward:

...Having a total stress induced pizza face breakout and some one asking " what's that on your face"

...Going to the gym to sign up for training sessions, and the head trainer you are working with ( for the past 5 days straight) forgets your name and why you need to talk to him. 

...Meeting Fiance for dinner after my workout, as I tell him he looks supa sexy, and he says, " thanks, you look nice too! " …. Except he didn't say that. Hot. Sweaty. Mess. 

...Almost saying "balls to the wall" in the morning meeting. ALMOST. Inappropriate.

...Seeing old "pals" at the gym that you have purposely NOT seen in years. 

...OH the whopper of the week: Sitting in the morning meeting in shock that my boss decides to test a new printing adhesive material on my head. Did I mention adhesive? It was not pretty. Nor were the " AHHHH!"'s &  "OOOH NO!"'s  that everyone yelped as he proceeds to pull it off my matted (almost bald at this point) head. Maybe "bald" is a little bit of an exaggeration, but a sample of my DNA was definitely taken from me without consent. 

Awesome:

...Getting not one but THREE bouquets of flowers from Fiance (along with a really sweet card) because we had not so pleasant words the day before.

...My mom making a point to tell me she is a proud momma. Makes me smile everytime.  

...Realizing I never used my timeshare graduation gift from my Dad, that could be used for a bachelorette vacay! Hawaii… Cancun? Endless possibilities.

...Hearing " you have stolen my heart completely" & " you are the most beautiful thing God has ever created" by my sweet man. That never gets old! 

...Realizing that reserving our church for the wedding is not going to cost a fortune after all! 

...Signing up for a 6 month commitment with a trainer in hopes of losing that weight that I usually complain about while I stuff my face with a taco…. or 3.

...Having a 30 min conversation about mustaches.



SO ready for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment